Humor at Work – for less stress and more success
Michael Kerr, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame inductee, is an international business speaker, very funny motivational speaker, workshop trainer, and the author of six books including, Inspiring Workplaces – Creating the Kind of Workplace Where Everyone Wants to Work , and, most recently, The Humor Advantage: Why Some Businesses Are Laughing All the Way to the Bank. Michael travels the world researching, writing, and speaking about inspiring workplace cultures. He is known as one of North America’s leading speakers on workplace culture and on how businesses leverage their humor resources to deliver outrageous results -including lower absenteeism rates, lower employee turnover rates, less stress, more creativity, more effective communication, and increased sales. His hilarious, inspiring, and thought-provoking programs are often rated as having the greatest impact and relevance of any presentation at a conference, which is why Michael is listed as one of Canada’s most requested funny motivational business speakers.
Michael has delivered his captivating keynote presentations and training workshops to more than 2,000 audiences, from Iran to Texas, from Austria to Australia. His programs offer relevant, practical ideas delivered with his memorable brand of high-energy, clean humor. “Inspiring,” “hilarious,” “energizing,” “fabulous ideas,” and “incredibly relevant and timely content,” are phrases clients repeatedly use to describe the impact of his presentations.
Michael’s latest book, The Humor Advantage has been described as “the definitive book on humor in the workplace,” while his book, Inspiring Workplaces – Creating the Kind of Workplace Where Everyone Wants to Work, has been called “an inspiring blueprint for workplace success.”
Here are just a few reasons to consider Michael Kerr for your next event:
- Because you don’t have to choose between great, relevant content and fun. Michael strives to deliver as much relevant content as he can, but in such a memorable and fun way that audiences remember the messages.
- Michael tailors his messages, stories, and examples to whoever he is speaking to, ensuring that each presentation is as relevant as possible.
- Audiences see that his depth of knowledge on workplace culture is truly astounding, and because he shares real life examples from businesses around the world, audiences see that real changes in their own workplace truly are possible.
- Michael’s presentation include over a dozen follow up e-resources, including handouts, articles, and e-books – a tremendous value-added bonus for audience members that ensures his many ideas and great messages are taken back to the workplace.
- Michael practices “safe humor” – so you never have to worry if the humor will be inappropriate for any audience members.
- Michael delivers. A review of his Rave Reviews package demonstrates the tremendous value Michael delivers to his audiences.
- Michael is a professional. In fact, not only he is a Certified Speaking Professional, he was also inducted into the Canadian Speakers Association Hall of Fame in 2008. What does being a professional speaker mean? It means Michael understands the importance of asking the right questions. He understands the importance of the basics: working with the audio-visual team, showing up early, delivering materials to meeting planners well before the deadline, adapting his presentation to tie into last minute events or timing changes, and yes, he understands the importance of finishing on time to ensure your schedule stays on track! It’s the small things and the small attention to details that makes Michael a true professional.
What People are Saying…
“We were drowning in tears of laughter — Michael is a very dynamic and upbeat speaker. His presentation was an excellent way to end our conference.”
“Your name and topic brought a record crowd to our dinner meeting. Your presentation not only provided us with an opportunity to laugh, but also with a chance to look at how we can use humor to make our workplaces truly exciting and fun places to be!”
–Professional Development Chair, Human Resources Management Association of Manitoba
“We were in stitches laughing so hard during our Meeting Planners International meeting. Michael is very entertaining and humorous, which held our attention while teaching us valuable information.”
–Sales Manager, Rimrock Hotel
“We could not have chosen a better speaker for the engagement. I would highly recommend Michael for any speaking event.”
“Michael’s presentation was upbeat, action packed and very funny. One of our best speakers ever. I can certainly recommend Michael Kerr as a speaker who is very dynamic and who will add humor to your event.”
–Saskatchewan Credit Union Managers Association
“To anyone looking for a humorous and educational speaker — Mike was outstanding. Not only was he very funny and entertaining, there was a lot to learn about humour in the workplace. We will see him again… no question about it!”
–Chairperson, Canadian Association of Pharmacy Technicians
“Mike, I requested a presentation with a good amount of humour in it, and that is exactly what you delivered. Your presentation was a breath of fresh air.”
–Manager, Compensation Services, Public Works Government Services Canada
“Your presentation was energetic, entertaining, enlightening and enjoyable! I laughed so much my face got tired!”
–United Nurses of Alberta
“Our delegates were taken by surprise by you — your appearance broke the mold. Your energy and area-specific humour relieved the tension of information overload!”
–Canadian Energy Research Institute
“Your talk was a HUGE success, I have received many compliments on my choice of keynote speaker. Your topic was an excellent compliment to the more technical nature of the conference, and was both entertaining and thought provoking.”
–Canadian Petroleum Tax Society
“After hearing you keynote and seeing the reaction of participants, our president felt it was important for you to come and speak to our head office and address all of our employees — you really hit the mark!”