Stress Management, Health and Wellness
Take a doctor who can sing, add a wild sense of humour and the ability to see things from a bizarre point of view and you have Doctor Gilles Lapointe. Dr. Lapointe graduated from Laval Medical School in 1974, and is a member of the Professional Corporation of Medical Doctors of the Province of Quebec.
Dr. Gilles Lapointe focuses on the importance of attitude in life. In his hilarious presentation, he helps individuals cope with stress by introducing the 7 laws of success. Strategies for handling tough days, self-image, simplicity in life, dignity and human pride are addressed in his humorous, yet insightful presentations.
As host of the popular daily television show, “Allo Docteur”, on Canal Vie, Dr. Lapointe became well known for his hilarious presentations on healthy living and coping with stress. He is fluently bilingual, an accomplished musician and extremely entertaining — his keynotes bring audiences to their feet and tears of laughter to their eyes.
Dr. Lapointe believes in the “whole-person” concept of healthier living and that our physical health is entirely dependent upon our mental and emotional heath.
He is particularly interested in sports, stress and the quest for a better lifestyle. Since 1981, through his lectures in Canada, the United States and Europe, Dr. Lapointe has been pursuing his goal to make people aware that life is fun!
He is the author of the best-selling book Docteur, Aidez-Moi! (Doctor, I need help) and has produced 2 videocassette series on health — Savoir Produire sans se Detruire (Being Productive Not Destructive) and Le Succes par la Sante (Success Through Health). He has lectured across Canada, in both French and English, to judges and attorneys, sales representatives, civil servants and medical practitioners, to name a few. Dr. Lapointe is an outstanding addition to any conference.
- Doctor Gilles Lapointe graduated from Laval Medical School in 1974, and is a member of the Professional Corporation of Medical Doctors of the Province of Quebec.
- From 1989 to 1992, as host of his own television show “Gilles Lapointe, m.d.” on the TVA network, he rapidly acquired credibility and notoriety amongst the public. His work was recognized by the “Métrostar” trophy he received in 1990, and by his nomination for the same award in 1991 in the category of “Public Service Programs.”
- Host of a weekly medical show in the province of Quebec on Vox network: “Doc Lapointe”
- Daily Health chronicle on Montreal FM 98.5 with Paul Arcand.
- Appears regularly as a medical consultant on 4-Season Network in the province of Quebec.
- Spokesperson for the Prevention of Breast Cancer in Quebec.
- His knowledge and his facility to communicate led him to co-host the “Children’s Network telethon” from 1990 to 1995. Since 1989, he has been host of the “Info Cancer Telethon” (Eastern Quebec) in Rimouski.
- He was also health columnist for the magazine “7 jours” (1989-1992) and for the Quebec newspaper “Le Soleil” (1990-1996). For the past fifteen years, he has been a regular participant in radio and television programs.
- He was honorary president of the Quebec Heart Foundation from (1992 to 1994).
- Doctor Gilles Lapointe is a general practitioner and a physician, member of the Medical Board of Laval Hospital, and of the American Institute of Sports Medicine.
- He is particularly interested by sports, stress and by the quest of a better lifestyle. Since 1981, through his lectures throughout Canada, the United States and even Europe. Dr. Lapointe has been pursuing his goal that is to make people aware that health is life.
- In March 1995, he published his first book entitled “Docteur, aidez-moi.” (“Doctor, please help me”) (Best-seller). Over twenty thousand copies have already been sold.